Perfect your Polework
Everything you need to know about how to use poles effectively in your schooling
Hi there! My name is Alison Buttery, and I'm a BHS Accredited Professional Coach. I work with many riders across all levels who all enjoy doing polework exercises with their horses, however I frequently get asked the same questions about how to best use polework when they are schooling on their own, specifically to develop their horse's way of going.
Common questions include:
- What distances should I use for my horse?
- What exercises can I do with just a handful of poles?
- How can I make polework more interesting? I get stuck for ideas!
- How can I use poles to improve my horse's way of going?
- How do I know I'm doing the exercises correctly?
- Where do I start? I've never used poles with my horse before?
If any of these sound familiar, then this course is for you!
I love using polework to help improve both horse and rider, but I know many riders don't have the confidence to replicate polework exercises on their own, so I have created this short course to guide you through the correct principles of how to set up, ride and progressively develop your horse's way of going (and your own riding obviously!).
By doing this course, you'll learn everything you need to know about using poles in your schooling, so that you can confidently select, set up and ride a range of polework exercises at home.
The programme is designed with a series of 4 modules, all delivered online, and each supported by a range of resources. Each module includes a series of online training webinars, and a downloadable workbook for you to complete.
You'll have access to more than 7 hours of training, alongside 8 workbooks specifically designed to help you get the very most out of the course.
PLUS you'll get training on over 50 different polework exercises that you can use in your training at home (and that doesn't include all the variations & progression opportunities associated with each one!)
Who is this course for?
Whether you are an experienced rider or someone new to owning and riding horses, this course will take you from the fundamentals of using poles in your schooling, through to being able to progress and challenge your horse (and your riding!) at higher levels.
- Riders who want to make use of polework in their training, but are not sure where to start
- Riders who want to learn correct principles of using polework, rather than simply guessing!
- Riders who already use polework, but are lacking inspiration and want some ideas for polework exercises
- Riders who only have access to a handful of poles, and struggle to find ways to make best use of them
- Riders who want to challenge themselves to try more creative exercises over simple linear layouts
- Riders who would like to introduce polework to their young or inexperienced horse
- Riders who want to improve their horse's way of going on the flat and/or to improve their dressage scores
- Riders who want to use appropriate polework exercises to improve jumping technique
- Owners would would like to add polework to their groundwork training
- Riders who want to add more variety to their schooling
- Riders who want to build their confidence when riding
"I have recently completed the Perfect Your Polework course by The Everyday Equestrian, excellent course, very informative, work books provided before each webinar which allowed time to think about questions beforehand. The subject was covered in manageable elements at a convenient time, course content and delivery was excellent, can't wait for the next course as I have learnt so much from this one. Alison puts so much effort into the material and delivery, I've never known anyone so motivated"
- Nicola B
"This course has taught me so much I didn't know about polework. Alison's diagrams and ideas about how to set the poles up and what exercises you could do really inspired me to get out with my horse and have a go. I also have my workbook to take with me so I can refer to it whenever I need to. I now have so many exercises I can do riding or on the ground to keep me going for months."
- Deb, M
My name is Alison Buttery and I'm an Equestrian Coach who helps horse riders with practical, step-by-step training to improve their riding, training and confidence.
In a nutshell, I'm a BHS Accredited Professional Coach with over 15 years industry experience, and I'm also a certified Empowered Equestrian Coach, with qualifications in NLP, Time Line Therapy(R) and Hypnotherapy. You can find out more about me HERE.